From: Charles 'wokka' Goldsmith <wo...@justfamily.org>
To: Don Cooper <wavyca...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] FW: ezmlm warning
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:14:54 -0600

I stay away from penguins, they tend to be bloated :)

the verified thing must be a hotmail feature, I have no idea (never used hotmail) about that

Check your junk/spam mail for any posts from Edward... spam filters for any mail service almost always catch some list traffic as spam, gmail did it, so does thunderbird whenever I first set that up (freeware/opensource email client).

all of the email goes through the server, the From: is left as the original email address, but the mail is really coming from the server, and unless you have a email rule/filter that doesn't like Edward's name, it won't pay attention to that, but from the content

hopefully I made my self clear and didn't muddy the cavewater too much with all of this

hit me with any questions you have
Charles

Don Cooper wrote:
Hey Charles
The worst part of my problem has been resolved.  Very Good.
There are still some wierd things (If ya find this challenging)
One thing I think is odd is that when I post to texascavers,
I get a reply to myself, but Hotmail says MY id is unverified (!).
Ocassionally people that are on my contacts list are identified
as UnVerified (!).
Another oddity - it appears that posts generated by Edward
Gelstone are not getting to me.  I only KNOW about them
because other people respond to his posts, and I *then*
see them (!) - i.e. THEIR posts, but with his content
forwarded.
You got some tricky daemons working for you.  I think
I'd swith to penguins!
-DC