If anyone took offense to Ed's posting, perhaps they should examine why they
felt offended. Any dictionary used by institutes of higher learning will show
that the term alluded to was originally used for "ANY" socially disadvantaged
person although the term is derived some several origins referring to the color
"black".  The movement to re-write history and enforce PC-ness is ludicrous. I
even noted that some blacks refer to other blacks using the same admonished
term yet their use of it is not necessarily considered offensive.  There's even
groups of cavers that take offense to being called...shall I say it?
"SPELUNKERS"<gasp>!

You can only be offended when you wear your feelings on your sleeve for
everyone to bruise.

Mike