Gill wrote,

>........... I'm only trying to get ....   The CAVER
> back to being a useful publication.

Didn't Gill once appear as a centerfold in the TC back when it was a useful
publication??
or was that some other caving magazine?

What is really funny about Gil's speech, is I heard him give a similar
speech
the day I first met him in 1985 at the New Braunfels TCR.

Has the popularity of caving dwindled across the country as it has in Texas?
If so, I suppose this is because potential cavers are pre-occupied with
things
like snow-boarding and nintendo and surfing the web, and other activities
that they find more exciting.

I see the publication problem from the perspective of a caver who lives far
from the
caving activities going on in Texas.      I enjoy getting a Texas Caver in
the
mail.        It is very difficult for me to get away from Houston these
days, so
I doubt the TSA could do anything differently that would make me want to
jump in the car and drive to the hill country or west Texas.

If the Texas Caver is available on the web, that will be fine.     I have a
good
printer, so I can print it out.

In summary, I support Gil and his proposal.

David Locklear
caver in Houston