You're assuming a perfect world...   full of propellorheads.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Charles \"wokka\" Goldsmith" <wo...@justfamily.org>
Sent: Nov 15, 2005 10:42 AM
To: Ted Samsel <tbsam...@infionline.net>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] The TEXAS CAVER--RIP???

Not true, if the pdf is created properly, it should be just a few
hundred kilobytes in size.  Many pdf's are not created as they should be
and are a few megs in size.  Even if it turns out to be 2 or 3 meg
depending on the number of pages, that is still reasonable on dialup
internet.

A creative webmaster could set the pdf up to be viewable online as well,
so that you could see the TOC online, and only view the pages that you
are interested in.  There are all types of options available when going
electronic.

However, I imagine that most of us like to have it handy to browse
through while away from the computer.

For those on slow connections that just don't want to hassle with
downloading and printing, they get to pay a small fee to have it printed
and delivered as always.

As you can see, I'm all for going totally electronic.  We have a
powerful medium at our fingertips and I think we should exploit it.

Charles