A word of caution when using acids around circuit boards and connections. Acids
can promote corrosion. Rinse with a baking soda solution to neutralize the
acid.
    Some people use a silicone RTV in their caving lights and flashes. Smell it
first. If it has a smell of vinegar (Acetic Acid) do not use it on electronic
connections. Dow Corning makes a RTV #3140 that is safe to use.
Personally I use a thin coating of silicone grease also made by Dow Corning,
called "Compound 4". It keeps corrosion from starting by preventing moisture
from getting to the metal conductors. It is made for switches and connectors so
it does not insulate the electrical path.
      If anyone needs a small amount let me know.

Steve Gutting