I had a couple of people approach me about drones and caving this
weekend at the TSA convention.  I did not get names from people, and
anytime there is alcohol involved, I'm not going to remember who.

If you are interested in drone flying and more specifically if you
have a trip or project that can benefit from me assisting with my
drone, contact me off-list.  I'll gladly assist as I can for any
projects.

Where I can see the drone helping is with ridge walking, checking out
high leads in caves (that have enough room for the drone to maneuver)
and also checking out leads on cliff faces.  It can potentially be
used to check out pits before dropping into one, depending on the
size/nature of the pit.

While it does pretty good in wind, that's a factor that has to be
taken into account, as well as obstacles.  We'll also have to keep it
away from any bats, since it's a bit noisy and we don't want to
disturb them.  It might be useful in scaring off other varmits to move
them away from an entrance (snakes, etc).

Charles Goldsmith
wo...@justfamily.org