From: Texascavers [mailto:texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com] On Behalf Of
Charles Goldsmith via Texascavers
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 12:35 PM
To: Cavetex
Subject: [Texascavers] Drone flying and caves

I had a couple of people approach me about drones and caving this weekend at
the TSA convention.  I did not get names from people, and anytime there is
alcohol involved, I'm not going to remember who.

If you are interested in drone flying and more specifically if you have a trip
or project that can benefit from me assisting with my drone, contact me
off-list.  I'll gladly assist as I can for any projects.

Where I can see the drone helping is with ridge walking, checking out high
leads in caves (that have enough room for the drone to maneuver) and also
checking out leads on cliff faces.  It can potentially be used to check out
pits before dropping into one, depending on the size/nature of the pit.

While it does pretty good in wind, that's a factor that has to be taken into
account, as well as obstacles.  We'll also have to keep it away from any bats,
since it's a bit noisy and we don't want to disturb them.  It might be useful
in scaring off other varmits to move them away from an entrance (snakes, etc).

Charles Goldsmith
wo...@justfamily.org