Last night, from the comfort of my home in Irving, Texas, I watched and enjoyed
the program live from Austin. I used the app Periscope. It was easy.

The program was a slide show and lively narrative by Fernando Hernandez about
this year's PESH (Proyecto Espeleologico Sistema Huautla) expedition. This was
Fernando's first trip to Huautla. His perspective as a Mexican citizen,
excellent caver, fluent in English, and culturally sensitive, made for a very
interesting talk.

My understanding is that the video of Fernando's talk will be available at
Periscope for a short amount of time.

One thing that Fernando did not mention is that he was the winner of the PESH
2016 Expedition "Rookie of the Year" award. He hustled underground and was a
pleasure to be around.

Cavingly,

Bill Steele
cwilliamste...@gmail.com