> On Feb 8, 2017, at 6:02 PM, Charles Loving via Texascavers
> <texascavers@texascavers.com <mailto:texascavers@texascavers.com>> wrote:

> Why are we stuck at Paradise Canyon?

Charles, get over it. Paradise Canyon agreed to a good price if we kept TCR
there for the next 5 years. If no one hasn't noticed things are getting more
expensive these days. If you can find a better price than what we are currently
paying with as many amenities, showers, river, electricity, bathrooms, ice,
picnic tables, porto-potties, nice green manicured camping, Lodges with baths
and A/C. What are you griping about, we haven’t seen you there in some time
anyway. Besides weren’t you happy there was LODGING with A/C there? I
distinctly remember you asking about it.

> The OTR used to be fun when it moved around.

Well, this isn’t OTR.

> Now it is in a rut. Paradise Canyon is OK but to me it is incredibly boring
> after the tenth time. I recall the first one where I and a few other cooked
> at Luckenbach. Then a lot of places all over Central Texas. Now it is stuck,
> dead in the water.

Dead? Are you volunteering to honcho it up? I’d be happy to turn it over to
you. Just say the word and it’s all yours.

> OK I was chief cook for 20 years and has a myriad of volunteer  people  who
> were involved in cooking. We had a rule for our volunteer cooks and there
> were about 35  or 40 of them. The rule was cook what you want but cook, but
> enough. Enough was a nebulous figure. We had tons of corn on the cob from the
> valley. Fish from Galveston, A roast pig, brisket, beef clod, chicken,
> turkey, hot links from Fredericksburg, bean salad, fruit salad, salad salad,
> black beans, refried beans, tortillas, pie, cake, cookies, a million
> brownies, chicken, Hatch chilis, gazpacho. all manner of stuff, we once had
> quail, and the people gobbled it up.

Great! Since we lost our cook last year, it sounds like you would be the
perfect head cook. Are you volunteering? That menu sounds awesome, go ahead and
purchase the stuff and get me a reciept and I’ll put you down as head cook. HEY
EVERBODY! IGOR IS OUR NEW HEAD COOK! WOOO!!

> All prepared by THE CAVER COOKS for the fun of cooking it. That tradition has
> died it would seem. Maybe caver don't cook anymore? Not sure why but the old
> cooks never got any new cooks to volunteer to take the reins.

Well, seeing you haven't come to a -TCR- (Texas Cavers Reunion, been named that
for only the last THIRTY EIGHT YEARS) you have totally missed out on some fine
cooking by the experts we have that ACTUALLY STEPPED UP and VOLUNTEERED. Stefan
and Vico and the rest of the COOKS have done an awesome and thankless job for
everybody. But of course your stepping up will easily surpass their cooking,
no? We look forward to it!

> Maybe there was a great loss in cooking ability. I hate to say this but I
> haven't eaten the meal at OTR is four years. I am not sure why because I pay
> for it, but the last one just didn't meet my expectations. I apologize to
> those who worked so hard and long but what is, is and I am a dyed in the wool
> food Nazi. We didn't need a food trailer to cook in we just built fires and
> got after it.

Well that's just awesome, good for you. Sorry you’ll be disappointed for the
next five years. Maybe you should just keep staying home.