From: Texascavers [mailto:texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com] On Behalf Of
Jacqui Thomas
Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 3:14 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Snake Bite article and advice

Mr. Weazel, sir,
How far north of Moblie and what kinds of caves? My Google Earth karst overlay
shows some karst about 50 miles north of Mobile, the nearest to Mobile being
soluble limestone under <300 feet of insoluble sediments made up of things like
bentonite, so probably not terrific caving...

Just north of that is a narrow band of Jackson group, carbonate rocks at or
near the surface. I'm guessing you are talking about this part. Sand, clay
and/or mud abound in both parts. I am not familiar with part of AL but will be
moving to North Alabama north of the river in the Shoals area. Of course I
would like to look for caves. Not a fan of snakes, though...

Care to elaborate? Jacqui

J. LaRue Thomas
jlrtho...@verizon.net<mailto:jlrtho...@verizon.net>