All - Christmas music is playing everywhere this weekend, but I'm sad
beyond words at hearing this. Lee Jay was a great friend who's gone too
soon - and way too suddenly.
It was a privilege to serve with Lee Jay on the TCMA board. He was a
passionate advocate for us and made a real difference for Central Texas
caving and cave conservation over the years. He truly knew the meaning
behind volunteerism and giving back.
I got to visit with Lee Jay this summer, but he was too sick to come to our
last board meeting earlier this month. I will miss his friendship and
unique perspective.
Justin, many thanks for the heads-up on this, keeping us posted and for
being there for him at the end. And thanks to George for a wonderful
tribute to Lee Jay - and to others who share his stories.
Unfortunately,  I'll be out-of-state for the gathering next weekend. But
please give my condolences to Lee Jay's family, and pass along any funeral
arrangements when you can.

Jay

At 9:15 this morning, Lee Jay Graves moved on to his next big adventure.
Mimi, myself, and two of his sisters were there to pass on everyone's warm
regards and wish him well on this new journey. Lee Jay held a fascination
for the world that drove his thirst for knowledge and attention to detail,
and he touched the lives of many with his kindness and conversation. We
will miss you, friend.

In celebration of our great times with LJ, we will have an impromptu
gathering around a fire tonight at the Ediger compound on Mockingbird. Fire
starts at sunset (7:11). Please park on the road.

In his honor, there will also be a caver-style celebration of Lee Jay's
life and times on the 1st of December (that's next Saturday, folks).
Details coming soon.