And then there was the time I terrorized a newbie in a west Virginia cave by
rattling a can of carbide while a nearby train went by and telling him it was
an earthquake! Don’t forget the goldline!

Sleaze

From: Texascavers <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com> On Behalf Of Logan
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:44 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Cc: Bill Steele <speleoste...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Waterproof boxes

Nancy, you will remember what we used before the availablity of sturdy
waterproof boxes and dry bag--the military surplus metal ammo boxes.

Bill, if you ever lead another carbide trip, consider having people share the
joys of carrying a heavy metal ammo box. The auditory experience of loud
banging will go well with the olfactory experience of carbide, and add
authenticity to the trip. Maybe a cheap ill-fitting fiberglass construction
helmet. I guess Vietnam combat boots are no longer available. :-(
Lowgun