People, including cavers, often associate cave animals with bats.

I think we often neglect the other critters.     For example, name a cave
that is devoted to the preservation of Red-headed Centipede.

Or any other cave-dwelling centipede.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Scolopendra_heros.jpg

I saw a 6 inch long centipede in Brehmer Cave near New Braunfels, around
1996.    I remember the color patter was maroon and black, but can't
remember which color was the
dominating color - Maybe black with some maroon parts ?

I can only imagine cavers with lots of experience have seen hundreds of
these.

Of course, you probably would not want to crawl around in a cave with 100's
of venomous
centipedes.   Would you ?

On a related note, I have not seen a horned-toad in the wild in over 30
years.

And on a totally different note,

Last night, I was driving around 2 a.m. in the morning from Houston to
Gatesville ( northwest of Temple )
via the small towns around Milano, and I saw
stars for the first time in almost a year.    I did not have time to even
get out of the car and look at
the stars.     There was still too much light on the horizon and from
traffic to really get a good look at them.