As a special pre-convention trip for the last TEXAS NSS National Convention,
Aimee and Pete Strickland put together the above trip. The temperature daily
hit 107, but that was a cost of a great week.
We went swimming at the springs in Bustamente Canyon, below Precipcio. From the
road I tried to locate the old trail up to Precipcio. Hard to do but if you
walked to the right spot you could see the entrance way up there. What a dark
hole and goal to shoot for as a caver. Hats off to Blake and the Hog of Steele.
The first major group cave was Palmito. Orion Knox's map was and still is an
incredible work of ART. Gill Ediger's original lead climb to the Birthday
Passage opened up a high beautiful area that everyone who has ever been there
will remember forever.
Grutas de Garcia was another trip highlite participants will long remember.
Nico had a major role in organizing and helping this week adventure flow.
All three of these Giant Caves have large cave rooms that rank as the World's
biggest, in the top 20.
Good Times.
Preston Forsythe, Browder, KY

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android