Interesting, I clicked on it from the Facebook post and it took me right to the
article.

However, I’m also a subscriber.

Geary

From: Texascavers <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com> On Behalf Of Bill
Bentley
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 9:56 AM
To: CaveTex <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Robber Baron Cave

Can't read the article as it says you have to be a subscriber of the San
Antonio Express newspaper.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 9:51 AM Geary Schindel
<gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org<mailto:gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org>> wrote:
Folks,

I have a caving post.

I want to say how impressed I was with Lindsey Adamonski, Joe Mitchell, and Joe
Ranzau and the many many volunteers that worked on the Robber Baron Open House.
It was an outstanding event and incredibly well organized. Also for Elaine and
Rob Bissett for organizing the After Open House party and degassing. I know
that many cavers drove from Austin and Houston to attend the event as well as
all the cavers from the San Antonio area. It is always great to see cavers -
young and old to volunteer to support caves and caving events. THANK YOU.

I understand that more than 700 folks visited the cave, it was a major fund
raiser which will go back into the caving community, and that there was some
great outreach by many of the organizations present including the TSA, Bexar
Grotto, TCMA, TSP, Master Naturalists, EAA, etc. Here is a link to an article
in the San Antonio Express News you all may want to see.
https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Hundreds-flock-to-Robber-Baron-to-get-rare-14475886.php
 Make sure that you click through the photos and see the one of Mio Kitano who
is covered in the Express News on a regular basis (I think she needs an agent).

I've been working with some of the folks in the Huntsville area to hold a
similar event in Shelta Cave in Huntsville, Alabama. The Robber Baron Open
House is a great model.

Thanks,

Geary M. Schindel
President