Charles, thank you very much for providing the texascavers list for so long to a diverse group of people. I was surprised that there are 355 members, because we usually hear from just a small portion of them/us. Your intent to let the list be self-moderating is appreciated, but large groups like ours need some basic agreement on the topics and information we share. Rule 5 clarifies that.

There are so many websites and Facebook groups for Texas caves and cavers that it is essentially impossible to subscribe to all of them, and a lot of interesting information is missed by a wide audience.

Texascavers reaches that wide audience of active cavers, former cavers (aka Old-Timers), scientists including just about every type of "ologist" you can (and can't) imagine, students, local and state agencies, as well as private and commercial cave owners, and folks who just like caves.

Consider this possibility: Texascavers could provide a very useful purpose as a central outlet for brief summaries/announcements submitted (or if necessary copied?) from your grotto/organization/agency/websites/FB group. Just a weekly or even monthly synopsis that would be of general interest to texascavers subscribers.

Just some late-night musings. Looking forward to this rejuvenated forum!

Viva texascavers!
See you at TCR!
Logan McNatt