Sorry y’all! I got this a bit before 7:00, then fell asleep for a while. Jim’s
ICU nurse called with update before she left for all next week! They gave him a
trial run of an hour breathing on his own, and he did so well they took the
ventilator tube out!!! His throat is horribly sore, but he was talking. She
called me back on her phone so he could hear me, and I sent him love and
encouragement from everyone! His throat was too sore to answer me - just a
little talking is all he can do - but she said he heard everything I said!
Giving him potassium - forgot to ask why. She said he knew his name, that he
was in the hospital, but could not remember why. One miracle at a time 😊 Keep
those prayers and good thoughts coming please! Still a long way to go, and test
results we do not have, but this is a huge first step! Really 😊

Now I will sleep some more before calling for one last update tonight. Thank
you to all of you in our amazing community who have reached out. It means more
than you will ever know to both of us. Another update hopefully tomorrow.

Mimi

Sent from my iPhone