Or you can buy a replacement tape for your reel from Forestry Supplies for less
than $20.

https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/ViewItem.php?itemnum=39977

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu>
(214) 645-6383 (phone)
(214) 645-6353 (fax)

On Mar 29, 2022, at 4:03 PM, Jon
<cavefa...@yahoo.com<mailto:cavefa...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

EXTERNAL MAIL

I'm in need of some technical help from the most experienced group I know in
the use and maintenance of fiberglass tape measures.
I have a 100' open reel that got broken at about the one-meter mark.   Its a
ragged break but no missing pieces, it fits back together like a puzzle piece.
Question:
How best to reattach the two pieces?  Some type of glue with a strip acting as
a splint?
Who knows what's been tried?
I have tried to contact several tape measure companies but I have had no luck
with them giving me any help.

Jon

CAUTION: This email originated from outside UTSW. Please be cautious of links
or attachments, and validate the sender's email address before replying.