I was coping selected parts of a PDF (copied via the rectangular selection
tool). I was not aiming to copy content, but only pictures. The observation is
that the paste give an image with not the same "crispness" (resolution?) of the
original. If I create a new document with the selected are (in Preview) and
then Instert the new document, the resolution is correct. So there are
workaround but I wonder why the resolution is lowered in the copy, somewhere
there should be some hard coded value which is not appropriate.

Best
Max