We (https://github.com/XmacsLabs) have successfully completed two projects in
OSPP 2023 with the help of Massimiliano Gubinelli

https://mogan.app/guide/OSPP_2023.html (The backporting is still in WIP status)

Now OSPP 2024 is in Stage 1: Community Registration and Review, we are still
waiting for the approval from the OSPP committee.

All info of OSPP 2024 of Mogan STEM Suite is tracked in
https://mogan.app/guide/OSPP_2024.html

For OSPP 2024, Darcy/jinkaimori/Oyyko are willing to act as mentors. And we
need more mentors from TeXmacs developers. From public info, Oyyko is in UTF-7,
and Darcy is in UTF+8. We need more mentors from different time zones using
different natural languages. Because OSPP is an event for students from all
over the world.

From https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/2022/#/data, we can learn the Global Regional
Distribution of Universities, there are (top 10 without China)

21 from USA

14 from India

7 from UK

6 from Canada

3 from Australia

2 from France

2 from Netherlands

2 from Singapore

1 from Germany

1 from Belarus

There will be 2~3 projects according to the size of our community. We completed
successfully the 2 projects in OSPP 2023, hopefully, the OSPP committee may
increase the number of projects from 2 to 3 in OSPP 2024. There are 3 mentors
now, and if we have more mentors, there will be a better match between the
students and mentors in time zones and natural languages.

Proposals on the forum now:

+ http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/proposal-pandoc-support/1378http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/proposal-bi-directional-link-feature/1688/http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/proposal-add-chrome-like-tabs-for-texmacs/1687/http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/proposal-syntax-editing-for-program-language/1685/http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/proposal-texmacs-template-for-university-thesis/1686

Mentors should prepare 2~3 proposals for the whole (TeXmacs/Mogan STEM Suite)
community. And then mentors can expand proposals into projects and waiting for
the students.

OSPP v.s. GSoC

OSPP is started by Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (an
institute) and GSoC is started by Google (a tech giant).

I live in China and I can spend less time to act as a mentor and the event
organizer of OSPP. That's why there are OSPP proposals and no GSoC proposals
for Mogan/TeXmacs in 2024.

If our developers' community is big enough, we can join all Summer of Code
events to attract more developers.