Dear all Sharing as usual my fears and apprehensions.  Iam
increasingly alarmed at the growing frustration and the negative vibes which is
spewed out during functions and family gatherings   regarding the super
geriatric  care, makes one shudder because of the terrible  after effects it
has on the young er generation .
                          The responsibilities which now people in their 70s
are facing are caretaking of their elders in their 90s. I admit it is tough but
pls refrain from whining and grumbling so openly .the sickening part is either
complaining or boasting .most of them want padma shri  ha ha  It  is after all
our parents .               I don't want to moralise but the solution is
sharing and  caring and accepting part time help .pls don't drive ur self too
hard .Take a break and if necessary find an adult creche . I would like to
suggest instead of complaining about adult kids  during ur idle times and
indulging in self pity pls offer part time help to the concerned family .
Let me tell u about shri Sampath and Mrs Malini both r senior bank officials .
They r offering help and moral support to the super geriatric group giving the
family members a breather. They told us we were wondering what to do with
ourselves and we decided to spend time this way gives u a feeling of tripti. No
big  lect ures they just mention it casually that is all.      Quite a few of
us who have free time can think about it  within the family or extended
relations.an afternoon or a day should ocasionally make a world of difference.
I honestly feel the grumbling and rage  makes u a sick person not the caring .
                I remember I used to enjoy old movies with my elders and they
used to tell me very rare stories .                       I remember my dad
suddenly asked me u never sing ur old rabindra Sangeet I almost told him that
day I would do it later but some divine strength urged me on .I brought out my
harmonioum and we had a wonderful session of singing and reliving our days in
calcutta .a few days later dad went into  a semi coma and never returned. What
iam trying to emphasize is spend time with family ..even now I feel so warm and
thankful  when I think of that day   I was amused at my relative who has
proudly presented some ancient family tree from some archives and is busy
publicizing it .this person had not cared to give a second look when the elders
were alive .             Ask ur self an honest question what r u trying to
achieve.                           We need to understand one thing  if we r
able to be with our elders and family when they r all alive and  be of some use
to the mortal body it is an achievement .Let us not try to do things remote
control .                   it is futile.don't over do the respect and
adoration pls give some attention to ur wife and husband .
     we have no idea of balance .either we behave li k e Shravan baalak who
carried his parents around in a basket,                     personally I feel
it is very unrealistic and juvenile or we dump them during emergencies.
                                       pls remember don't behave like gautam
Buddha  dumping that poor yashodara .do u remember who she is  or lakshmana
dumping that poor urmila.                the mantra of existence is sharing and
caring and enjoying and depart .regards jayshree venkatraman
                             Ps   philosophy comes later learn to feed the
hungry and realise the pain of existence. It is a tragedy when we r not welcome
any where and very sad to see people faces screw up in distaste when we timidly
smile expecting  a smile in return .whatever age we r .
 Pls refrain from shunning people .it might be u at their door one day .    U
might be the next time keeps ticking my friend .