"My father is not coming back. I can sometimes close my eyes and imagine him to
be still there, in India, and forget that he is no more. Our many thousands of
miles of separation means that I have always been missing him, since I moved to
the UK 20 years ago. I am trying to figure out how to start grieving his loss
when I have always been grieving this separation."

https://aeon.co/essays/why-we-need-to-discuss-a-death-in-the-family-with-the-children?utm_source=Aeon+Newsletter&utm_campaign=56a6cc14bb-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_07_08_07_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_411a82e59d-56a6cc14bb-71979216