CULTURAL QA 10 -2021-22

Being compilation there may be  errors

Q1         Did the Buddha speak on the existenceof gods, but not to depend on
them for liberation from suffering?

A1         Rami Sivan Priest, Dharma teacher, counsellor, Gov.
Advisor(1998–present)Sep 30

The Pali texts clearly state that the Buddha frequentlymentioned the gods
(Devas) and actually even went to meet the 33gods of the Vedic pantheon
(trayas-trimśat devata) to preach the Dharma tothem. So in this sense Buddhism
is definitely not “atheistic”.

 22. "Now there are eight kinds ofassemblies, Ananda, that is to say,
assemblies of nobles, brahmans,householders, ascetics, of the Four Great Kings,
of the Thirty-three gods, of Maras, and of Brahmas.

 23. "And I recall, Ananda, how I haveattended each of these eight kinds of
assemblies, amounting to hundreds. Andbefore seating myself and starting the
conversation or the discussion, I mademy appearance resemble theirs, my voice
resemble theirs. And so I taught themthe Dhamma, and roused, edified, and
gladdened them. Yet while I was speakingto them thus, they did not know me, and
they would enquire of one another,asking: 'Who is he thatspeaks to us? Is it a
man or a god?'

(Mahabuddhavamsa Chapter 40)

The Buddhadenied that Devas had the power to grant liberation to anyone and
therefore theemphasis must be on self-liberation. It is a DIY spiritual project.

But human nature being what it is- a Divine Liberator is of great comfort and
so there developed streams ofdevotional buddhism which venerated Bodhisattvas
and through devotion to themone could attain rebirth in the heavens of the
Boddhisattvas and there strivefor Liberation.

Q2         Which is the oldest idol of LordVishnu?

A2         Harish HelperAkshay(Ma*******) Samhara Moorth 🔱🐖🔱Updated16h

The oldest idols of ShrimanNarayana are :

1Sri Rangam — Ranganathaswamy — (From Sathya Yuga )

2. Tirupati Venkateswara Swamy (4800+ years old )

3 . Sri Mushnam Bhu Varahaswamy (From Treta Yugam)

4 . Vaanamamalai Perumal

5 . Badrinath Perumal ( From DwaparaYugam )

6 . Naimisaranyam

7 . Pushkar Shri Vishnu

8. Guruvayurappan ( Even beforeSathya Yugam )

9. ThiruSalagramam

Q3         Why does Indian food always give me astomach ache?

A3         Aishwarya Kher Scientific Mind | Curious Brain | Optimistic|
Vegetarian Oct 12

Well, if it‘always’ gives you a stomach ache, you are definitely eating either
the wrongkind of Indian food or more than what your body can handle.

Depending on one’s allergies andfood habits since childhood, Indian food can be
overwhelming for some becauseof a plethora of spices used in the preparation.
The authentic taste wouldn’totherwise pop up. If you are eating Indian food
inrestaurants very frequently, without asking them to reduce spices and oil,
youwill fall sick!

Very much depends on which itemsyou prefer to eat - deep fried? spiced up
reddish looking curries?

I cook mostly Indian food at homewith very limited spices. I’m sure if you
consume home-cooked Indian meal, itwill make your stomach happy.

Indian food has the capability to go from very simplevegetarian ‘satvik ahaar’,
as it’s called in  Hindi, to extremely rich and heavy. An IndianThali meal as
shown below offers a balanced diet. You cannot generalize theentire cuisine.
Choose the frequency and type of your consumption wisely.

Q4         What happens when you spray water ontoa rotating ceiling fan and a
light bulb?

A4         Larry Sheets Answered 1h ago

Spraying water on any light bulb,is an idiotic thing to do. Due to rapid
cooling in some places, but not inothers, it should shatter, and rain broken
glass, driven by the added breeze ofthe fan blades, and make a mess, in the
dark, just before the wet wiring shortsout, and the breaker pops. All around,
stupid thing to do. …enjoy.

My note- Spraying of water can make a conductor sometimes with the filament
carrying power and he may get electrical shock also.

Q5         Are there river deltas that empty intoa lake and not a sea?

A5         Alan Marbleamateur map geekSep 23

Sure. They aren’t uncommon,though they tend to be fairly small and unremarkable
so you don’t tend to hearor read about them.

River deltas can even form wherethere’s not even a lake to empty into. The
Okavango River in Botswana “empties” into a riverdelta far from any body of
water and simply evaporates away.

Q6         What is the difference between Norwayand Sweden in terms of quality
of life, education, cost of living, etc.?

A6         John Andresen rofessional Travel Editor. Worked in Interpol.Sun

Can seem similar, but there aresome differences.

School system is good in bothcountries.

Welfare is better in Norway.

Living costs are higher inNorway, but so are the wages and benefits. And the
income tax is approximately7 percent lower in Norway.

Sweden has more multicultural environment. InSweden there are not many
settlements in the rural areas.

Swedes are well known for notbeing too generous when it comes to spending
money, but people are nice andwelcoming.

Health care systems are close to the same. But after3 months in hospital in
Sweden they take 40 percent of your salary. In Norwayyou have your 💯percent
salary without limitation.

Sweden has huge external/ foreign debt. Norway isthe only country in the world
without external/foreign debt.

The living standard and housingare far more better in Norway, so are the sizes
of the homes.

Climate can be tougher in partsof Norway than in Sweden.

Q7         What is the difference between a NeliRavi buffalo and a Sahiwal cow?

A7         Linda Vassallo MajorArtist, - 1980 - present; RetiredBookkeeper
(1980–present)Tue

The Nili-Ravi is a breed of domestic water buffalo,reared mainly for dairy use.
The average milk yield is approximately2000 kg per year. Cows weigh 525 kg. and
bulls 800 kg. They can be black orbrown colored.

Sahiwal Cow are a breed of zebu cow and is considered aheat-tolerant cattle
breed. They are one of the best dairy breeds inPakistan. Average milk yield is
2325 kg per yr. Cows weigh 425 kg. and bulls500kg.

They have a distinctive hump ontheir shoulder. Their colors can range from
black, brown, reddish brown, “red”,all of these with various amount of white.

Q8         Which state in Southern India has themost Indo-Aryanized culture and
ethnicity?

A8         Aravind Varier Teacher (2011–present)Oct 13

ANSWER : Kerala has the most Aryanized cultureand ethnicity in Southern India.

Namboodiris (Brahmins) having Aryan ancestry [1]came to Kerala from North India
thousands of years back and they practiced Sambandam [2] withthe Nair Caste and
Ambalavasi Caste of Kerala.

Namboodiris strictly followed theVedic tradition and most Hindu temples in
Kerala follow it to this day.

Footnotes

[1] The Namboothiri Community - AHistory

[2] Sambandam – Wikipedia

Q9         When do you feel the benefits ofdrinking water?

A9         Beli Dasgupta , Nobody at no-thing Answered Tue

When I consciously drink water ,I can really feel the benefits of drinking
water.Yes, now what is thatconsciously drinking water means?

Let's look at it this way :

When we become thirsty, we don't remain consciousmost of the time. We feel a
need of rush to quench our thirst and in a hurry we drink the amount of water
thatour body demands and feel ok by reducing the bodily demand of water.

But, the moment when we feel thirsty,if we look at the whole situation,
experiment our own needs and how these needsare getting fulfilled by nature's
precious gift what we recognise as water andhow our sustainability is being
taken care of by water without even asking forit, we will feel a natural
gratitude and reverence towards the water which isone of our life making
material. With that kind of awareness and reverence when we drink water, we
will feelthe benefits as how in split of seconds water that we are drinking is
quenchingour thirst, maintaining the physical demand of water in our
body,activating cellular functions and giving us a resurgence of life.

Q10       What are some unsolved mysteries of NadiShastra?

A10       Know Your Planets (Astrology) R. G SuvarnaSep 21

Nadi shastra is an ocean it has no ends so does it'smysteries.

Ranging from its astrologicialmethods to some of it's techniques, some are lost
some are not available at allto us unfortunately.

And since it's the yuga of kaliand it's necessary for shastras to follow it's
yuga dharma. These wisdom areavailable 24×7 but just hide for particular period
of time.

Greatest example of its one ofthe mystery is the nadiamsa method which changes
in seconds and for each person, nadi amsa is unique.

If one gets it, one can know everything with regards toperson and horoscope in
depth.

However its unavailable and wecan't do anything even though it's texts are
available.

Same goes to the idea of agastya nadi where one usesthumb prints. However Shri
Rg rao (late) has written a book onprediciting through thumb prints. However
this book is crypted and was writtenin old format which makes it difficult to
read.

Another shocking thing is about it's unique remedy whererishi mentions certain
type of charity and teertha yatra to a particulartemple in order to ward off
the effects which makes it extraordinarily uniqueand interesting.

It's a lot of efforts and withoutany divine grace it's nearly impossible to
peak into the future.

And at the end of the day theeternal Lord hari is the greatest jyotish “bhuta
bhavya bhavat prabhuh”.

Q11       Which is the one thing in which TamilNadu is better than all the
states?

A11       Sweta Suman Manager at Community Health Systems
(company)(2017–present)Updated 1y

I am a North Indian girl. I went on a trip to TamilNadu last year. I visited
Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Mahabalipuram, Rameshwaram,Thanjavur, Kanyakumari and
Chennai. These places are tranquil and peaceful init's own way like every North
Indian temples and spiritual places.

I want to share an incident frommy trip which I feel I liked the most in Tamil
Nadu than other states.

I visited Vivekananda's RockMemorial at Kanyakumari, the sunrise point of
Kanyakumari. The scene is worthwatching from there.

At the Rock Memorial, I wassitting at a lonely place and excitingly watching
waves formed by the ocean.The scene was enchanting.

Amidst my excitement, came threetall, muscular and body builder Tamil men. They
stood beside me and asked for aselfie with them. I got scared and my brain
started thinking that if I deny,their men's ego can be hurt and they can be
harsh to me.

But by instinct I denied theselfie. My reply was No. Listening to my reply they
gave me a smile and wentaway from there.

They were all muscular. Theycould have threatened me because I was standing
alone there. So what I likedthe most was they waited for my consent and when I
declined the proposal forselfie, they respected my denial and just left that
place so that i couldn'tfeel insecure.

Being a North Indian girl, I canrecall one more incident which made me feel TN
a safe place for girls.

When I was travelling back fromKanyakumari to Trichy by train, my mother and I
were the only ladies in thebogie, everyone else were men. I found no one ogling
at us in a bizarre way.They indulged in doing their own work. I found ourselves
safe and secure in thebogie.

Apart from safety, I found Tamil Nadu much concernedabout education of female
and cleanliness of the city as well.

Q12       What are the benefits of Krishnakamalflower? Can I keep it at home?

A12       Vinay Kumar Singh, Masters in Botany, Banaras Hindu
University(2016)Answered Jan 22, 2019

Let's talk in general first.Plants are source of beauty, fresh air and some has
essential oils and aroma.

Krishna Kamal like other plantsis a plant. What I have found that the flowers
with unique appearance generallyhave a story related to it. As I said Because
it has unique appearance it looks like SudarshanChakra of Krishna as mentioned
in epic Mahabharata written by Vyas..! That's why people love to keep it.

So like other plant you can keepit. Take care that it is a vine (herbaceous
climber).

Allthe above QA are based on Quora digest to me on 21-10-2021. Quora answers
neednot be 100% correct answers

Compiler-R. Gopala Krishnan, 78 dated 22 -10-2021