Pranam

Buddha believed in GOD?

        While Buddhism is a tradition focused on spiritual liberation, it
is not a theistic religion. The Buddha himself rejected the idea of a
creator god, and Buddhist philosophers have even argued that belief in an
eternal god is nothing but a distraction for *humans* seeking
enlightenment. As compared to Islam, Judaism or Christianity, Buddhism does
not have a God who created this world.

         In the Buddha’s teachings, the sec­ond noble truth is not a theory
about what happens to somebody else but is a process which is going on
repeatedly in our own lives—through all our days, and countless times every
single day. This process in Pali is called *paṭicca-samuppāda*, sometimes
trans­lated as “dependent origination” or “co-dependent origination” or
“causal interdependence.”

           The basic principle of dependent origination is simplicity
itself. The Bud­dha described it by saying:
“When there is this, that is.  With the arising of this, that arises.
When this is not, neither is that.  With the cessation of this, that
ceases”.  In classical presentations, this pro­cess of dependent
origination is com­prised of twelve links. It is important to understand
that this is not a linear, progressive, or sequential presentation. It’s a
process always in motion and not static at all.{ Chaos effect ,one leading
to another}.  It’s also not deterministic. I also don’t think that one link
deter­mines the arising of the next link. But rather that the presence of
certain fac­tors or certain of these links together provide the conditions
in which the other links can manifest, and this is go­ing to become clearer
as we use some analogies to describe how this interac­tion works.

        *Paṭicca-samuppāda* is said to be the heart of right view or right
understand­ing. It is an understanding that is also the beginning of the
eight-fold path, or an understanding that gives rise to a life of wisdom
and freedom. The Bud­dha went on to say that when a noble disciple fully
sees the arising and ces­sation of the world, he or she is said to be
endowed with perfect view, with perfect vision—to have attained the true
dharma, to possess the knowledge and skill, to have entered the stream of
the dharma, to be a noble disciple re­plete with purifying
understanding—one who is at the very door of the deathless. So, this is a
challenge for us.  What the *paṭicca-samuppāda* actu­ally describes is a
vision of life or an un­derstanding in which we see the way everything is
interconnected—that there is nothing separate, nothing standing alone.
Everything effects everything else. We are part of this sys­tem. We are
part of this process of de­pendent origination—causal relation­ships
effected by everything that happens around us and, in turn, effecting the
kind of world that we all live in in­wardly and outwardly. So by these
principles the existence of GOD or the cause and effect from GOD is not at
all required and the only requirement is attaining Nirvana which is not
reaching GOD but coming out of samsara sufferings.

       Teachings on the laws of karma originated in Hinduism, but Buddhists
understand karma somewhat differently from Hindus.
<https://www.learnreligions.com/what-is-karma-p2-1770055> Theravada Buddhist
<https://www.learnreligions.com/theravada-buddhism-450111> teacher
Thanissaro Bhikkhu explains karma is non-linear and complex, and says,
"acts in multiple feedback loops, with the present moment being shaped both
by past and by present actions; present actions shape not only the future
but also the present." In other words, it is living moment by moment. The
word Karma in Buddhism is in-presenti, life from Birth to death when chaos
effect is taking place as in previous paras. "The theory of karma should
not be confused with so-called 'moral justice' or 'reward and punishment'.

 5 Niyamas: *Niyamas*: Observances, rules, and guidelines. The *Yoga
Sutra* describes
five different niyamas, including *saucha* (cleanliness), *santosha*
 (contentment), *tapas* (self-discipline), *svadhyaya* (self-reflection),
and *ishvarapranidhana* (surrender to a higher power).  The first 4 is
easily understood as in Hinduism; but the 5th one is mentioned as Ishvara
is not GOD but NIRVANA, the end of that life. Finding the inner
consciousness of peace. This led to making Buddha a GOD and worship of
Buddha as GOD became anti-atheism.

   So the answer provided above is incorrect and nowhere 33 GODs mentioned
as in Hinduism.  KR IRS 221021

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*most Indo-Aryanized culture**:    *Aryanised?  Question is erroneous. Arya
is a Sanskrit word for Sir in English. Other than that there is no Aryan or
Aryan invasion etc at all which is settled long back by the historians,
against the pronouncements of Justice Jones smith and Maxmuller, twisting
the Indian History.  I had written at least, more than a dozen times in
these groups and if someone does not read but bound by reflecting
unauthenticated stuff of the ignorant, reflecting in these columns as if
correct, revealed the Aviveka only. Errors of Aryan invasion theory is
strewn across the net which can be seen. So, calling Kerala and Nambudiri
as Aryan is as good as Stalin is a Dravidian.  KR IRS 221021