CULTURAL QA12-2021-28

BEING  A COMPILATION THERE MAY  BE ERRORS

Q1            How many oranges can you eat daily?

A1            Lucia Garcia Worked atHospitals Fri

Oranges are cold fruits. at the same time, oranges are also known as the "good
fruit for curingdiseases", which have the effects of promoting body fluids
andquenching thirst, moistening the intestines and laxative, clearing heat and
detoxification.

If you are hot physique, in order to let the body achieve balance, youcan eat 3
to 4 oranges a day.

But for people with cold physique, eat up to two oranges a day.

Oranges are rich in vitamin C. A medium-sized orange weighs about 150grams and
contains 48 mg of vitamin C.

The daily intake of vitamin C for adults is 60 to 90 mg, with an upperlimit of
2,000 mg per day.

Two oranges can meet the vitamin C requirement for a day. Taking moredietary
vitamin C is also harmless to the body.

Although oranges are a bit sweet, oranges are a low-calorie fruit withlow sugar
content.

A medium-sized orange contains only 70 calories and 15 grams of sugar. Eating
oranges will not make youfat.

It is worth mentioning that oranges have much higher vitamin C andvitamin P
content than most fruits. These two vitamins can increase theelasticity and
toughness of capillaries and reduce blood cholesterol levels.

Therefore, regular consumptionof oranges is very beneficial for people with
high blood pressure, high blood lipids, arteriosclerosis and
othercardiovascular and cerebrovascular problems.

Q2            What is Queen Elizabeth’s secret to a long and healthylife?

A2            Diana Donald Lives inCambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
(1994–present)Thu

Her mother lived until age 101,so in her DNA. Her fathercontracted cancer due
to heavy cigarette smoking, but the Queen has neversmoked and in fact the late
Duke gave it up on his wedding day out of respectfor his wife’s fear of smoking
disease. She has always eaten moderately andnever drunk alcohol excessively.
She has also had the privilege of owning horses so has riddenevery day when
possible until the last couple of years. She walks a loton her estates and is
often seen out by members of the public. Added to that she has the very best
medical care.

Q3            Is it wrong in the 21st century to expect my bride tochange her
last name to mine after the wedding?

A3            Bhuvana Rameshwar marriedfor three decades Sun

It is neither wrong nor right.Most girls, women add husband'sname after theirs
to avoid confusion in jobs. Their educational certificatesremain the same with
their maiden name, sometimes with father's name or familysurname.

I changed mine to bhuvana rameshwar from bhuvana krishnan, however my dil
maintains thefather's name as her surname but gives our son’s name as husband
inall documents and ID cards like passport, aadhar, PAN .

In the passport, national IDCard changes have to be made in the husband's name
column as a married person. It is a must. Some just add on like Priyankachopra
Jonas. This gives them a new identity.

Q4            Why do clothes under a fan dry up faster than without afan?

A4            Loring Chien, formerPrincipal Engineer at Fortune 1000 Company
(2002-2016)Answered Jul 13, 2020

Air can only hold so much moisture, and warm air more than cool air. Ifthe air
is still, the air next to the clothes will be saturated with moistureand cannot
absorb more moisture. Moving air will circulate air with less moisture and and
it will absorbmore moisture. The fan is a perfect way to move large amounts
ofair.

2ND ANSWER- SethFlannigan, Merchant (1997-present)Answered May 27, 2018

The flowing air speeds up theevaporation process. It'sactually pushing the
water off the clothes and turning it into vapor

Try this experiment. Next time you have to line dry clothes, dry them inside
and put a fanunderneath wherever you hang them. You'll be amazed at how fast
theydry, without damage.

Q5            Why is the British monarchy so important, while otherworld
monarchies are nearly unknown to the general public?

A5            Mats Andersson Visited24 European countries Dec 14

Because you'reEnglish-speaking. Here in Sweden, we know all about our own
royals, whether wewant to or not, and the Dutch swear by their own royal
family. TheJapanese actually believe their royals are descended from the Sun
Goddess,which makes the House of Windsor look like plebeian upstarts.

Q6            Which foreign language did you learn in school, and howwell do
you still know it today?

A6            GopalkrishnaVishwanath Decreasing proficiency order:
English/Hindi/Tamil/Kannada/

Gujarati/Malayalam Fri

I learnt French in school fromstandard 8 to standard 11 during the years 1962
to 1966.We were not taught tospeak at all.

Those days the TV and internet did not exist and so we could not get
anyexposure to French spoken by a native speaker.

The teacher was a local Maharashtrian who himself did not to how to
speakFrench.He taught usbasic French vocabulary, grammar and reading and
writing simple sentences.

By memorising the text book Imanaged to pass my matriculation exam with 90%
marks in French.

It was ironical because I got more marks in French than I got for Englishin
which I was much better.

Ever since I left school I havehad no exposure to this language, no
opportunities to use it, and no need forit either in my career.

I have now forgotten almost everything that I knew after a long gap of
55years.I now remember onlya few words and popular standard phrases.

Q7            If water is H2O and there are planets were they arecovered with
ice (water form), doesn't that mean there lies oxygen too?

A7            Steve Baker Blogger atLetsRunWithIt.com (2013–present)Dec 21

Water is made of hydrogen and oxygen - so, yes - if there ice or liquidwater -
then there are oxygen atoms present - but that’s not necessarily breathable
oxygen.

Consider Mars, for example. It has a LOT of water - and it’s atmosphereis
almost 100% carbon dioxide - which ALSO contains oxygen. But if you tried to
breathethe air there - you’d be unconscious in 20 seconds and dead in two
minutes- because there is no FREE oxygen…oxygen that’s not chemically bound
toanything else.

You can extract the oxygen from water (or from CO2 for that matter) - butthe
energy costs to do so are considerable.

Here on earth, wehave green plants and algae - which are like little solar
power stations -converting water and CO2 into oxygen and high-energy sugarusing
sunlight to power that chemistry.

If we didn’t have those plants and algae - then all of the oxygen in ourair
would gradually either be converted to CO2 or would also combine with ironin
the soil to form rust - and so forth.

Planets that have free oxygenjust floating around and not reacted with
something have to have some kind of active process - such as our greenplants -
continually renewing it.

Q8            What do you do when there is literally no one to talk to?

A8            BhuvanaRameshwarmarried for three decades Thu

In such a situation I talk tomyself. We are our best friends. We keep the talk
to ourselves. We do not spread it to others as gossip. We are our bestadvisors
also.

I go for my morning walks. Usually the roads are empty with only birdsand some
stray dogs. UnknowinglyI have often found myself talking. With whom? To
myself.. Sometimes theyare about events that happened, some explanations or
sometimes sentences indefence of any future confrontation. It is like a good
rehearsal.

Our thoughts can be processedbetter when we rewind, talk about it and analyse
everything to ourselves, like a retrospection . Such talk is good ashelps to
think rationally, speak chosen words to the point and helps us toprepare for a
bad situation, in future. We are also our best judges when alone.

Q9            What evolutionary purpose do slanted/smaller eyes serve?

A9            Claire Jordan Degreein biology and folklore; programmer, shop
owner, secretary on newspaper Oct 24

The eyes themselves are notsmaller - it’s just that the opening between the
eyelids is narrower when theyare open but at rest. It protects the eyes against
windand glare in extreme weather conditions. East Asians developed thisfeature
for protection as their ancestors migrated across steppes andsnowfields, before
humans had worked out how to make horn or parchment gogglesthat would do the
same job.

Q10         Which planet is so light that can float on water?Can Saturnreally
float on water?

A10          Vinod Kumar TeachingS.St, GK, preparing NTSE aspirants
(1999–present)Sat

Yes, if you could find a bigenough body of water for it to float on. Saturn is
very large and is the second largest planet in the SolarSystem. However, it is
made up mostly of gas and is less dense than water. Since it is lighter than
water, itcan float on water. None of the other planets in our Solar System can
dothis because they have a higher density than water. Saturn hasthe lowest
density of all the planets, which means that it does not weigh asmuch for its
size as the other planets do.

Q11         What is the point of an oxygen machine or giving someonepure oxygen?

A11          Steve Baker Blogger atLetsRunWithIt.com (2013–present)Dec 22

Air is only 20% oxygen. With healthy lungs andnormal respiration - that’s
plenty.

But suppose someone’s breathing is shallow - or blood flow is slow - orlungs
are congested with fluid? Maybe a piece of a lung - or even an entirelung has
been surgically removed due to cancer or something?

In all of those cases - you can make the remaining respiratory functionfive
times more effective by supplyingthe patient with pure oxygen.

Q12         How does metal stick on a magnet?

A12          Ritwik Sunny FormerCustomer Support Executive at Ashok Leyland1h

A magnet is a piece of metal with the ability toattract other metals.
Theseforces merge, and the object acts like a magnet. The north pole of one
magnetattracts the south pole but repels the north pole of another magnet
unlikepoles attract and like poles repel. A metal is a magnetif it repels a
known magnet.

All the above QA are from  Quora website  on    27-12- 2021.

Compiled and posted by R. Gopala krishnan ,78, former  AGM Telecom Trivandrum
on 28-12-2021