QUESTION ANSWERDIVINE 2022-5

Continuing from previous QA

Dearfriends,

Allthe QA in this posting is also from Bhagavat Geetha. I thought it
isappropriate to post this QA in the New Year 2022.  In the previous QAs
39questions are covered.

 BEING COMPILATION THERE MAY BE ERRORS

 Sincerely,

Gopalakrishnan4-1-2022

 Q40 Where do it is stated Lord is thereason for energy and responsible for
motion of the planet and of every actionof every being?

A40     Answer is in Chapter15 SLOKA 13 and sloka15  I enter into each planet,
and by Myenergy they stay in orbit. I become the moon and thereby supply the
juice oflife to all vegetables.

 SLOKA 15- I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me comeremembrance,
knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known.Indeed, I am
the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Q41 What is the transcendental qualities& demoniac qualities ?

A41 Answeris given in CHAPTER16   SLOKA 5

 Thetranscendental qualities are conducive to liberation, whereas the demoniac
qualities make forbondage. Do not worry, O son of Pandu, for you are born with
the divinequalities.

Q42 What are the three gates leading tohell?

A42 Answeris given in  CHAPTER16   SLOKA 21&22

There are three gates leading to this hell--lust,anger and greed. Every sane
man should give these up, for theylead to the degradation of the soul.

 The man who has escaped these three gates of hell, Oson of Kunti, performs
acts conducive to self-realizationand thus gradually attains the supreme
destination.

Q43 Who worship demigods demons ghosts andspirits?

A43 Answeris given in  CHAPTER17 SLOKA 4

Men in themode of goodness worship the demigods; those in the mode of passion
worship thedemons; and those in the mode of ignorance worship ghosts and
spirits.
 Q44 Who are demons? What is the importanceof Satvic food?
A44 It isexplained in    CHAPTER17 SLOKA 5-6     Those whoundergo severe
austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures,performing them out
of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust andattachment, who are foolish
and who torture the material elements of the bodyas well as the Supersoul
dwelling within, are to be known as demons.

SLOKA 9

Foods that are too bitter, too sour,salty, hot, pungent, dry and burning are
dear to those in the mode of passion.Such foods cause distress, misery and
disease.

Q45 What is the importance of  the three words om tat sat ?( recollect we say
mantra  om tatsat brahmarpanam during religiousfunctons)
A45 It isexplained in    CHAPTER17  SLOKA 23
om tat saditi nirdeso

brahmanastri-vidhah smrtah

brahmanastena vedas ca

yajnas cavihitah pura

 From thebeginning of creation, the three words om tat sat were used to
indicate theSupreme Absolute Truth. These three symbolic representations were
used bybrahmanas while chanting the hymns of the Vedas and during sacrifices
forthe satisfaction of the Supreme.

 Q46 What is renounciation?

A46  It is explained in  CHAPTER 18 SLOKA 2 and 9 TheSupreme Personality of
Godhead said: The giving up of activities that are basedon material desire is
what great learned men call the renounced order of life [sannyasa]. And giving
upthe results of all activities is what the wise call renunciation [tyaga].

SLOKA 9- O Arjuna, when one performs hisprescribed duty only because it ought
to be done, and renounces all materialassociation and all attachment to the
fruit, his renunciation is said to be inthe mode of goodness.
SLOKA37,3839,40 further explains:
That whichin the beginning may be just like poison but at the end is just like
nectar andwhich awakens one to self-realization is said to be happiness in the
mode ofgoodness.

 Thathappiness which is derived from contact of the senses with their objects
andwhich appears like nectar at first but poison at the end is said to be of
thenature of passion.

And that happiness which is blind toself-realization, which is delusion from
beginning to end and which arises fromsleep, laziness and illusion is said to
be of the nature of ignorance.

 Q47Is there any being devoid of material nature in any of the planets?

A47   There is no being existing, either here oramong the demigods in the
higher planetary systems, which is freed from thesethree modes born of material
nature.

Q48 What is told about caste system in theGeetha?

A48 It is explained in  CHAPTER 18  SLOKA 41,42, 43, 44 and 45

Brahmanas,ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras are distinguished by the qualities born
of their own natures in accordancewith the material modes, O chastiser of the
enemy.

Peacefulness,self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, knowledge,
wisdom andreligiousness--these are the natural qualities by which the brahmanas
work.

 Heroism, power, determination,resourcefulness, courage in battle, generosity
and leadership are the natural qualities of workfor the ksatriyas.

Farming, cowprotection and business are the natural work for the vaisyas, and
for the sudras there is labor andservice to others.

Q49 Whether a person can  give up the work born of his nature?
A49  It is stated in    SLOKA 48 chapter 18 that  Every endeavor is covered by
some fault, justas fire is covered by smoke. Therefore one should not give up
the work born of hisnature, O son of Kunti, even if such work is full of fault.

Further inSLOKA 57 it is stated that “     In allactivities just depend upon Me
and work always under My protection. In suchdevotional service, be fully
conscious of Me.”

Further inSLOKA 58 it is stated that  “  If you become conscious of Me, you
will passover all the obstacles of conditioned life by My grace. If, however,
youdo not work in such consciousness but act through false ego, not hearing
Me,you will be lost.”

Q50 What is the benefit of reading orhearing of BHAGAVAT GEETHA?

A50 It isstated in the  SLOKA 70 and 71  of last chapter (chapter 18)

 adhyesyateca ya imam

dharmyam samvadam avayohjnana-yajnena tenaham
istah syam iti me matih
 And I declare that he who studies this sacredconversation of ours worships Me
by his intelligence.

SLOKA 71states

 sraddhavananasuyas ca

srnuyad apiyo narah

so 'pimuktah subhal lokan

prapnuyatpunya-karmanam

 And one wholistens with faith and without envy becomes free from sinful
reactions andattains to theauspicious planets where the pious dwell.

Q51 How Sanjaya could hear theGeethopadesa?

A51 Answer is in SLOKA 75 of last chapter (chapter 18)

vyasa-prasadacchrutavan

etad guhyamaham param

yogamyogesvarat krsnat

saksatkathayatah svayam

By the mercy of Vyasa,I have heard these most confidential talks directly from
the master of allmysticism, Krsna, who was speaking personally to Arjuna.