Pranam
Q1     There are many Saptami sun worship in puranas, not only RATHA
SAPTAMI.
1  On the seventh day of the bright fortnight in the month of Caitra
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/caitra#purana>, the Sun-god is
worshipped with the observance of *Marīcasaptamīvrata.* The worshipper
feeds Brāhmaṇas <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/brahmana#purana> and
makes them partake of hundred peppers with the utterance of the *mantra
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/mantra#purana>*, *aum
khalkholkāya svāhā <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/svaha#purana>*,
etc. As the performer observes this *vrata
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vrata#purana>*, he never undergoes
separation from his nearest and dearest ones and becomes free from all the
diseases.
  2   The Mahāsaptamīvrata is observed on the seventh day on the bright
fortnight in the month of Mārgaśīrṣa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/margashirsha#purana>. On the fifth
day, the worshipper should remain *ekabhakta*, on the sixth *nakta
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/nakta#purana>* and on the seventh,
the fast should be observed. The Sun-god is worshipped with the Karavīra
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/karavira#purana> flowers and red
Sandal wood paste. It lasts for one year and the whole year is divided into
three groups of four months from Māgha
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/magha#purana>. In each division of
four months, flowers of different colour are offered, along with different
naivedyas <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/naivedya#purana> and
different dhūpas <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/dhupa#purana>. At
the end of the *vrata <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vrata#purana>*,
a chariot made of gold is to be given as the gift
 3 Mārtaṇdasaptamīvrata begins on the seventh day of the bright fortnight
in the month of Pauṣa <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/pausha#purana>:
"*pauṣe māse site pakṣe saptamyāṃ* *samupoṣitaḥ//**samyakpūjyaṃ* *mārtaṇḍaṃ
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/martanda#purana>* *mārtaṇḍa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/martanda#purana> iti vai
japet/** "  *Fast
is observed on the respective day and the Sun-god is worshipped with the
muttering of the word mārtaṇḍa. The fee should be offered to the Brāhmaṇas
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/brahmana#purana> according to his
capability. Again, on the next day, the Sungod is worshipped under the name
Ravi <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/ravi#purana>. Thus the *vrata
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vrata#purana>* last for a year and as
the reward of it, the worshipper attains desired objects.
 4  On the *Śuklasaptamītithi*, where there is an eclipse and specially
when there is a *Saṃkrānti
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/samkranti#hinduism>*, the performer
eats *haviṣya <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/havishya#purana>* for
one time and bow to Varuṇa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/varuna#purana>. He should lie down on
a bed of *Darbha <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/darbha#purana>* grass
on the ground on that particular day. Next day, in the beginning and end,
he should sacrifice to Varuṇa. On the *Śuklasaptamī* of Māgha
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/magha#purana>, the sacrifice is
addressed to Varuṇa, on Phālguna
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/phalguna#purana> to Sūrya
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/surya#purana>, on Caitra
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/caitra#purana> to Aṃśuman and so on
till Pauṣa <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/pausha#purana>. At the end
of the year, a golden chariot is made of, to which the seven horses of the
Sun-god are yoked, and at the midst of the chariot, a golden image of the
deity is placed on, surrounded by twelve Brāhmaṇas
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/brahmana#purana>, who represent the
twelve names of the Sun in the twelve months. The chariot along with a cow
is to be presented to the Ācārya
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/acarya#purana>. In case of poor man,
copper chariot should be made of. ( yagna saptami).
5   The Raktasaptamīvrata falls on the seventh day of the dark fortnight in
the month of Mārgaśīrṣa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/margashirsha#purana>. Fast is
observed on the particular day and the Sun-god is worshipped with red
Lotuses, or in an image of the Sun-god with white flowers and red
Sandalwood paste, and with the round cake of pulse and *kṛsara
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/krisara#purana>*, i.e. dish
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/dish#history> of rice, peas and
spices:  …*sopavāsastu saptamyāṃ kamale pūjayedravim//  **ārcāyāṃ*
*vā* *sthale vāpi
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vapi#purana>* *śuklaiḥ*
*puṣpairyathāvidhi/
candanena tu raktena vaṭakaiḥ* *kṛsareṇa ca//  *At the end of the *vrata
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vrata#purana>*, a pair of red
garments are to be donated.
6    On the seventh day of the white fortnight, in the month of the
Mārgaśīrṣa <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/margashirsha#purana>, the
Rathasaptamīvrata is observed, in devotion of the Sun-god. On the sixth
day, at night, *saṅkalpa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/sankalpa#purana>* is made and on the
seventh day, fast is observed. The performer prepares a golden or silver
car with horses and charioteer and recites a hymn to the Sun. At midday, he
should place that car in a *maṇḍapa
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/mandapa#purana>*, surrounded by
cloth. The car is worshipped with saffron, flowers, and an image of the
Sun-god is placed on it. Both the Sun-god and the car are worshipped
together along with the charioteer. The worshipper addressing the Sun in
his mantras <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/mantra#purana>, states
his desires. At night jāgara
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/jagara#hinduism> is done with songs
and music. The performer should not close his eyes at night. Next day after
bath, he makes gifts and donates the car to the *Guru
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/guru#purana>   *
*7     *On the seventh day of the bright fortnight in the month of
Mārgaśīrṣa <https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/margashirsha#purana>,
the Rathāṅkasaptamīvrata
is observed. On the sixth day, fast is observed and Sun-god is propitiated
with incense, flowers, etc. The worshipper sleeps before the Sun-image that
day. On seventh day, the Sun-god is worshipped and Brāhmaṇas
<https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/brahmana#purana> are given a splendid
meal. The same procedure should be carried on in all months and at the end
of the year a car procession is arranged in devotion of the Sun.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Q2     "Taitthaeeya upanish?     Marriage is spoken in many veda
vedanthams. Ṛg Veda Book 10 Verse 85 is commonly known as Sūryā’s Bridal
Hymn or the Wedding Hymn. In some Hindu families, this is one of the Vedic
verses recited as part of the liturgy at Hindu marriage ceremonies. It
tells a metaphorical story of the wedding of Sūryā, seemingly the daughter
of the sun-god, as bride, to soma, seemingly the moon, as bridegroom. Some
of the features of the wedding described continue to be features of Hindu
weddings today.
"Aśvins, when you came on your three-wheeler to ask for the hand of Sūrya
in marriage,

Then all the gods gave you consent; the Sun, a son, chose you to be fathers.

[Ṛg Veda 10.85:14; my own translation]

Based on such assent, Sūryā herself is sent to her new home with Soma, the
moon. She is accompanied in this journey by her two female friends -

Raibhī was the bridesmaid; Nārāśaṃsī was her maidservant

[Ṛg Veda 10.85:6ab; my own translation]

They make the journey in a cosmic chariot of highly symbolic imagery, which
develops the analogy between the movements of heavenly bodies and of human
rituals and customs -

Mind was her vehicle; the heaven was her covering;
The two bright ones were the oxen, when Sūryā went to her [new] home
Those two oxen moved calmly, harnessed by the Ṛg and Sāma [verses].
Hearing [the Veda] was your two wheels; your path in heaven was leading you
forward

[Ṛg Veda 10.85:10–11; my own translation]

Sūryā now arrives at the house and there is a touching picture of the
comfortable domesticity of the Vedic household -

Go to [your new] home, to be the lady of the house;
Speak out with authority at the vidatha [gathering];
Prosper here, loved [and] with children;
In your home, watch over the household;
Join yourself with this husband;
You will address the vidatha even when you are old

[Ṛg Veda 10.85:26cd-27; my own translation]

Following this, the marriage is consummated, during which the virginity of
the bride is established, which seemingly confirms the validity of the
marriage, and gifts are given to Brahmins. The verse ends with an
exhortation to the bride to be gentle towards her husband, and a request
for a blessing by the happy couple.   Without evil eye, without striking
[your] husband, be kind to the cattle, With positive mindset and positive
energy, Giving birth to heroes, loving the gods, gentle, Be good to the
two-footed and to the four-footed. May all the gods, and also the waters,
put together our two hearts. May Mātariśvan, Dhātṛ, and Deṣṭrī support the
two of us. [Ṛg Veda 10.85:44,47; my own translation]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Q5      Brahma conceived the Gayathri Mantra ---to imagine something
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/thesaurus/articles/to-imagine-something>;
but it is not so; he recited  the mantra which means that mantra existed in
Veda even before Brahma was created.

The rest are repetitives   KR IRS 16522