Mr Sivaraman expressions of brahmins nowadays do not turn to civil and
military services. Quite reasonable. But can any one lend me the
independent operations of the British raj or 1947 to 1970 freedom to
bureaucrats and generals today?  Why would one hang his brilliance, before
another perverted brilliance in service- heads and politicians uneducated
and the business tycoons?  Obedience is not governed by the whims and
fancies but only by the rule books for which alone Judges and beauracts and
general direct and short service commissions are arranged. I sent my
children wantonly abroad only because 98% of them cannot get engineering
and medical in a nation  where brilliance is perished because of a caste?
As a civil servant I was able to , why even you, apart from the ancestral
wealth, when did we buy our car and home and that too how many we bought
and held? The regulations were tough only for the honest and not for the
corrupt who sprouted day and night. Honest Railway G M was raided and his
image was tarnished. Many civil servants were sent to
Vigilance commissioner and hiveb timbuktu transfer only because they were
honest? Bombay postings were sold since they were corrupted wholly;'there
used to be a joke : every personnel had a play card right in front of his
desk with the rates displayed. Many in this forum may hesitate to speak the
truth. So as said in Thirukkural: Nadenba daa valathana............ When
the nation changes all will come back. But certainly and proudly I shall
declare that 3% Brahmins in the history of future and at all times, CAN
NEVER BE SUPPRESSED because VID IS IN THEIR HEADS BY DNAs. Exceptions ddo
not make a rule. K Rajaram  IRS  23 7 23