---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'N Sekar' via iyer123 <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 9:09 PM
Subject: [iyer123] From NDTV - let us salute this lady for her courage to
speak the truth
To: Iyer <[email protected]>, Kerala Iyer <
[email protected]>



"I'm Not A Malala, I'm Free In India": Kashmiri Journalist In UK Parliament
Yana Mir's speech countering "propaganda" against Jammu and Kashmir is
going viral, where she said she is "not a Malala Yousafzai", the Nobel
Peace Prize winner from Pakistan who has taken refuge in the UK.
India News <https://www.ndtv.com/india>NDTV News Desk
<https://www.ndtv.com/topic/ndtv-news-desk>Updated: February 23, 2024 9:26
pm IST
[image: 'I'm Not A Malala, I'm Free In India': Kashmiri Journalist In UK
Parliament]
<?subject=%22I%27m+Not+A+Malala%2C+I%27m+Free+In+India%22%3A+Kashmiri+Journalist+In+UK+Parliament&body=Check%20out%20this%20link%20https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/im-not-a-malala-im-free-in-india-kashmiri-journalist-in-uk-parliament-5114641>

Yana Mir, a social activist and a journalist from Jammu and Kashmir, was
honoured in the UK Parliament with the Diversity Ambassador award. Ms Mir's
speech countering "propaganda" against Jammu and Kashmir is going viral,
where she said she is "not a Malala Yousafzai", the Nobel Peace Prize
winner from Pakistan who has taken refuge in the UK.

At an event hosted by the Jammu and Kashmir Study Centre, UK, Ms Mir said,
"I'm not a Malala Yousafzai...because I'm safe and free in my homeland
Kashmir, which is part of India. I will never run away from my homeland and
seek refuge in your country (UK). I can never be a Malala Yousafzai."

I am not a Malala

I am free and safe in my homeland #Kashmir
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kashmir?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>, which
is part of India

I will never need to runaway from my homeland and seek refuge in your
country: Yana Mir @MirYanaSY
<https://twitter.com/MirYanaSY?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw> in UK Parliament.
#SankalpDiwas
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/SankalpDiwas?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>
pic.twitter.com/3C5k2uAzBZ <https://t.co/3C5k2uAzBZ>
— Sajid Yousuf Shah (@TheSkandar) February 22, 2024
<https://twitter.com/TheSkandar/status/1760601418845540857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>

Ms Mir then slammed the Nobel laureate for "defaming" India by calling
Kashmir "oppressed" and said "I object to all such toolkit members from
social media and foreign media who never cared to visit Kashmir in India
but fabricate stories of oppression...I urge you to stop polarizing Indians
on the grounds of religion. We won't allow you to break us."

She concluded her speech with a request and said, "Stop coming after us and
let my Kashmir community live in peace."

The video has over a million views on X (formerly Twitter). Yana Mir in her
reply to the video said, "The Malala theory was given to her by her sister".

Ms Mir received the Diversity Ambassador Award from UK MP Theresa Villiers
in the presence of Bob Blackman and Virendra Sharma, both MPs in the
Parliament. Virendra Sharma is a British-Indian MP from the opposition
Labour MP from Ealing Southhall near London.

Several users including actor Anupam Kher, congratulated Ms Mir on X.

Listen to the latest songs, only on
<https://www.jiosaavn.com/featured/new-music-this-week/Ns2UZo9qDvI>
JioSaavn.com <https://www.jiosaavn.com/>

The Jammu and Kashmir Study Centre (JKSC), UK, hosted 'India's Sankalp
Divas' at the House of Commons in the Parliament in London. JKSC is a think
tank that is dedicated to studying Jammu and Kashmir and the issues
surrounding it.

Post a commentMs Mir, in her speech, said on 'Sankalp Divas' she hopes,
"The perpetrators living in the UK and Pakistan would stop maligning my
country in international media and human rights forums, stop unwanted
selective outrage remotely from their cosy UK homes...Stop coming after
us...thousands of Kashmiri mothers have lost their sons because of the dark
hole of terrorism."

N Sekar

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"iyer123" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/615442465.207844.1708708170217%40mail.yahoo.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iyer123/615442465.207844.1708708170217%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CABC81ZcoDunV-kdzY03v_CcVZip6BC12q48OtSzkTbxvo3i2jg%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to