Sir,
Refer Para 2 "s"logic given- husband and wife become one soul aftermarriage
after performing 7th promise of saptapadi.no doubt husband and wifebecome one
soul as per saptapadi vow.
On this account no tharpanam is performed when father is alive and mother has
died, and on the thithi of the mother's death, srardha is performed to her
deceased MALE ancestors.
If father  died earlier, tharpanam is started after 1st annual srardha, and
srardha is conducted to HIM.

Perhaps these points you may elaborate later.Gopalakrishnan

    On Sunday, 12 May, 2024 at 06:03:29 pm IST, Rajaram Krishnamurthy