G    My note- It is very rare to have Lord Siva in a Perumal temple as sub
deity and this legend is appearing to me as most appropriate .
KR   All Perumal temples will have Siva as at least a lingam below the
perumal hand; Puranas make siva as searching for perumal and Perumal
searching for Shiva stories. SriRangam TVM temple will have those lingams.
KR IRS 29724