Ive been moving fics over to my personal LJ while
we're waiting for squidge to come back online...Its
got me adding some new bits and pieces to some of the
fics....this is just a small bit to an old WIP

Fandom: Xfiles
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek
Rating: FRM
Summary: Every man has a breaking point
Note: I started this with Krycek one armed, but with
all the other stuff, I’ve changed that so he at least
has benefit of both hands.
Warning: Discussion of child molestation
Previous chapters can be read on my LJ at 
http://www.livejournal.com/users/peja1956/13684.html#cutid1



<center>On The Wings Of Never
By Peja</center>



(9)

Mulder watched the passionate rage drain out of Jett’s
sparkling eyes, replaced by dim regret. Felt the
tension drain in the proud body as he slumped against
him and thought for a moment that Jett had fled.

"It cost him his sanity." Jett whispered again,
raggedly. "He took all the torment on himself.
Protected us from the hurt that was our life. And it
destroyed him." He drew a shuddering breath. "We....
destroyed him."

"You can’t shoulder that, Jett," Mulder said, tugging
the man deeper into his embrace and rocking him
gently. "Krycek is....was a smart man. A survivor. He
knew what he was doing."

Jett shook his head. "The oil shook him. He wasn’t
thinking. Just reacting." He pushed against Mulder,
but Mulder’s arms tightened holding him relentlessly
and finally the man settled, panting against Mulder’s
chest. "We felt his fear. I begged him to let me out
from under. I thought if we could take the fear
together we could get out of there whole, but he said
Spender would find out about the rest of us. That the
only way any of us where gonna get out alive was if he
took it all." Jett drew a shuddering breath. "I’m not
Krycek. I don’t have his strength. I....I’m gonna get
us caught and he would have gone mad for nothing." 

"No, Jett.," Mulder murmured against his hair. "You’re
going to be fine. I’m here now. I’ll protect you."

The man in he arms laughed harshly. "Its all so easy
for you, isn't it? Just say what you want and that's
the way it is. Screw the world. Mulder is God, isn't
that right?" He shoved away. 

"Is that what Krycek thinks, Jett? That I've got a god
complex?" Mulder asked gently. "I know I haven't given
you that impression this evening, and you say Alex
loves me so I doubt he feels like that about me, so it
must be coming from Krycek, am I right?"

Jett cast a dark glare over his shoulder. "Go to hell,
bastard."

"I want to help you, Jett. You, Bobby, Alex...."

"And Krycek?" Jett demanded, his eyes narrowed to
dangerous slits. "Do you want to help my Krycek too?"

Mulder's lips thinned. "Believe it or not, for
whatever god forsaken reason there might be, yes, I
want to help Krycek too." He sighed heavily. "Lord, if
there is a god, he must be laughing his ass off right
now, but I have to bring that murderous Russian back
from the abyss for my own sanity.

END this part

Tell me what you think of this...and what you'd like
to see happen next

PEJA

Come check out the automated version of Makebelieve:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php

I'm looking for archivers on the lists. Preferably would like someone from each 
Makebelieve list. If you are interested helping out contact me off list at 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now hosting English and Non-English fiction


                
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
http://mail.yahoo.com


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kkxxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

this list is archived at:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThereBeSlashHere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to