Right, some more investigation has proved that this is not because of the wall lines exactly, but is due to the fact that I have a survey point outside the area enclosed by the walls. See the attached screenshot. By adding the small line shown in red the problem goes away. I think the problem arises if you draw imaginary lines between the two pairs of points forming the ends of the two walls, and there is a survey point outside the area defined by the walls and imaginary enclosing lines then you get the 'scrap outline intersects itself' error and the lox model walls get all messed up.
Correction! I just tried deleting the survey point and survey line, and it messes up still unless I have that extra bit of wall line shown in red. So it appears that you have to end your two wall lines roughly on a line perpendicular to the passage. If one is shorter than the other then the lox model messes up. I confirmed this by removing my extra bit of wall line from the scrap, and then splitting the other wall line a couple of nodes up and deleting the end bit off that wall. This renders fine too. Footleg On 25 February 2011 13:32, Footleg <drfootleg at gmail.com> wrote: > Following the discussions yesterday I have tried adding more survey points > to my scrap but this did not make any difference. I did notice that the log > warned me that my scrap outline intersects itself, followed by some numbers. > But visually in the editor I cannot see any place where the lines are messed > up. So what to the numbers after the warning mean? My wall lines were > imported from Inkscape. > > The warnings: > [Warning: scrap outline intersects itself in scrap layer4 at Riano] > [Warning: scrap outline intersects itself in scrap layer4 at Riano] [8] [9] > [10] > (./mptextmp.mp) [11] ) > > > Footleg > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110225/a70c8f57/attachment.html> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: SketchCausingBadWallsInLox.png Type: image/png Size: 5089 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110225/a70c8f57/attachment.png>
