Michael

I think you just added a wiki item on Fuchslabyrinth caves where it says
Therions bitmap morphing feature is being used.

I am intrigued because in 2008 or 2009 we were starting to use this feature,
then we were delayed, and by the time we got back to experimenting there was
a bug in the next version of Therion whereby the sketches were inserted into
the pdf outputs multiple times, taking inordinate time to compile and making
the pdf files very large, 100's of megabytes in many cases.  Stacho
acknowledged the bug and I think some change was made in 5.3.9, but it did
not fix the problem for us.

Described here
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.therion/2680/match=sketches

I have tried again with a couple of different files using 5.3.10, in one
trivial case a 283kB sketch inserted in a small map produced an 11MB pdf
file (the pdf without the sketch is 300kB).

So I am wondering how you are making it workable?

Either;

-          something in our custom metapost or layouts is causing the error
for us and you are not experiencing this bug, or

-          you are using an old version of Therion in which this feature was
bug free, or

-          you are putting up with very large output files, even for very
small portions of your overall project

I'm interested in your comments.

Bruce