+++ Martin Sluka [2013-12-22 23:26 +0100]:
>    Exactly after one year!
>    Martin Sluka

Nice!

And some of the bugs I have patches for are fixed. Great.

A few observations about the source tarball:

1) There is a thTMPDIR in samples/areas/ which I don;t think should be there.

2) I think someone changed their editor settings. Many of the C++
changes have the new lines TAB-indented amongst existing space-indented
code, which, at least on my editor, comes out all wrong (and is
generally bad practice for exactly this reason). Looks like the editor
was set to TAB=2spaces.
I'll fix all that up in the debian package and send a patch.

3) output files are shipped in the samples dirs:
q-marks/map.xvi
survex/create/create.3d
survex/ignore/ignore.3d
survex/use/use/3d
survex/cave.3d

I don't think that's really right either, although it doesn't break anything

4) There are a pile of bugs the debian patches fix which remain unfixed in
5.3.12:
compiler warnings and code cleanup (mostly unused variables):
* (fix-icon-compiler-warnings)
* (fix-compiler-warnings.patch)

The update to understand survex v8 .3d files (with splays)
(update-survex-img-parser-to-v8.patch)

Some files missed by the clean target

The extensionless files fix (90load-extensionless-files.patch)

The fix to avoid segfaulting if the language file is missing
(82-nolang-segfault-fix.patch)

samples encoding, and clean fixes

'hardening' fix: (hardening-flags-fix.patch)

Did you look at some of those and decide not to include them? Mostly I thnk
they are uncontroversial.

Anywa, I have updated all the patches and will build and test.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/