editor just get names local to that sketch (e.g. 3.3, 3.4, etc.) but my
project builds up the centreline from multiple centreline surveys. So the
actual name of the stations in my cave is like
3.3 at subsection.dataset.cavename

Thinking there must be a solution to this, I searched the wiki, and found
it (Thanks Bruce!). I can use the -station-names option on my scraps in the
sketch to say what the full name of the station should be. But my station
names do not need a prefix (it is already set from the xvi file by the
editor) and with a bit of experimentation I discovered that to omit the
prefix I have to put a pair of double-quotes as the prefix. This works, but
is there a neater way to do it?

e.g.  -station-names "" @ShortDryWay.swildons
means my station with -name 3.3 will be treated as
3.3 at ShortDryWay.swildonsin the scrap and this is what my station in
the complete cave centreline
data is named so it works. It just seems unintuitive to have to give a
blank prefix this way. Bruce's example also includes author and copyright
options on the scraps. How does Therion use these? Or are they just allowed
on the scrap options but not used in any generated output?

While reading Bruce's excellent advice pages on data structures I spotted
some places where more recent developments or ways I work make things
easier since the section was written. So I've added a tip on getting data
off PDA via memory card, and a link to Andrew's TopParser application to
this wiki page:
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/paperless#data_transfer_from_pockettopo_to_therion

Footleg