I think PocketTopo requires Windows Mobile 5 or later.

The most popular choice among UK cavers is the Dell Axim X51v. The 'v' on
the end of the model name is important, as it means is has a 640x480
resolution screen which makes a big difference. the X51 only has 320x240.
These are easy to find on eBay for not much money. I have seen people using
Fujitsu ruggedised PDAs and HP PDAs too. The HPs seem to more often have
issues with the bluetooth connection dropping. Apart from the screen
resolution, the other great feature of the Dells is the replaceable
battery. So you can buy larger batteries which can run them for around 24
hours continuous use. I use an Aquapac case to waterproof the PDA. Others
prefer rigid boxes (Otterbox?).

Footleg