Hi Bill
I think I see your problem.  I will potter around with the example you sent
to demonstrate what I think you want, but maybe not tonight.

For now, you can avoid the 'object not found' error by double clicking on
the survey or map item on the right-hand side of XTherion. For example it
places...

select AllElevations.map at PracticeCave

...at the cursor position in the th-config file.

And, if you select multiple maps of one projection, they will all be used in
the export for that projection.

-Plan is a projection
-Extended is a projection (developed or straightened out elevation) see
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/faq#projections_plan_elevation_extend
ed_and_none
-Elevation is a default for [elevation 000 deg] ie 'looking north'. So
assuming there are 360 degrees in a circle there are 360 different elevation
projections.

If all your elevations have the same projection, all the elevation maps will
end up in the same pdf (unless you modify the th-config between runs or use
multiple th-configs as Rowena suggests).

I will modify your example to demonstrate using two elevation projections
(without resorting to indexes).

Bruce