Hi Stacho -

Both File-Open and Ctrl-O give the same error.  I tried it on several different
caves, too, and nothing changed.  I also tried creating a new file.  Same
error.

I even tried it on a brand new cave by opening xtherion and then immediately
going to the text edit window and trying to create a new file.

I tried it on both 32-bit and 64-bit Fedora 21.  No change, same behavior on
both.

When I did that last, there were some interesting messages in the bash window.

=============
[bgee at main2 ~]$ bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid after png_start_read_image or png_read_update_info
    Error in bgerror: can't invoke "grab" command: application has been
destroyed
bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: can't read "data(upd,afterid)": no such variable
    Error in bgerror: can't invoke "tk" command: application has been
destroyed

[1]+  Done                    xtherion
[bgee at main2 ~]$ which tk
/usr/bin/which: no tk in
(/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/lib64/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/home/bgee/bin)
[bgee at main2 ~]$ tk
bash: tk: command not found
[bgee at main2 ~]$

I confirmed that tk is installed, yet there is no command called tk.

When I get a chance, I will revert a computer back to 5.3.15 and see what
happens.

Thanks - Bill Gee