>a  waypoint-block per line in the surface statement should be
>enougth to create manually something and still control it free.
>I've attached an idea.

Your sketched idea looks nice.
Now for someone who can write the code!
I expect it is not a small task to write that and integrate it into Therion.
:)

Of course there is a work around you could use, with current Therion
capabilities.
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/contrib:terrainmodelling#surface_prof
iles

ie using GPS Visualizer to create a profile or create your own gps trail by
walking the route, then creating a surface survey as described on the wiki
link above.

Now you can draw scraps on the surface survey to create pdf representations
and label it as you wish.

Maybe a new line type is needed, u:ground that would look similar to
wall:sand or wall:clay, to distinguish between 'above ground' and 'below
ground'.  That would go a small way to working around the problem you
mentioned of the background colour filling in the sky.

Bruce