Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 19:50:28 +1200
From: Bruce <br...@tomo.co.nz>
Subject: [Therion]  Idea: elevation projection surface panorama
To: 'List for Therion users' <therion at speleo.sk>

Seems like a good idea for the wish list Dirk.

'Panorama' seems like the wrong word to me however.

Conceptually, what you describe would compliment the 'surface' statements we
already have in Therion.

In layouts we already have;

surface [top|bottom|off] that is only really relevant to layouts used with
plan projections.

What you describe would be the natural extension to a projected elevation
context.

So for elevations, your elevation-panorama [on|off] would be surface
[top|bottom|off] (ie do the surface profile drawing layers display over or
beneath the cave drawing), and elevation-panorama grid would be surface
grid.

As you suggest, some way of defining the grid spacing and or a profile trail
would be required.

If I were to use such a feature I would probably want to define sets of
way-points that I could call up at will.

I could imagine using them for extended elevations as well.  In that case
one would need to be able to set the profile to 'extend left' or 'extend
right', as, like extended centerlines themselves, the shape of the surface
becomes an artistic endeavor.

Bruce

  _____