It would be perfectly possible to write a script to split up the xvi, into
rectangles (with overlap) is the easiest, using only the first point in
each line, to make it simple. I keep thinking I should it down and do it,
but I'm a bit rushed with other things at the moment.

Nick, if you can work out the co-ordinates of say 6 rectangles (they can be
different sizes) with a reasonable overlap, I'm far more likely to actually
do the script, however no promises.

Andrew