Bruce, I had already read your excellent wiki about Extended Elevation and the Marco Corvi’s altervista web pages on extended elevations in relation to loops <http://marcocorvi.altervista.org/caving/tbe/m_04/m_044.htm>, but I had not managed to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Evaristo.

El 06/06/2018 a las 21:53, Bruce Mutton via Therion escribió:

Evaristo

An interesting situation.  I have not tried to compile your data, but notice you have extend ignore prior to each set of splays.

I don’t think extend ignore has any useful function with respect to splays (but I am not sure).

I suspect what you have done is effectively follow ‘extend ignore’ with ‘extend left’ without any non-splay legs in between.  Possibly a confusing situation for Therion. Have a look at my understanding here <https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/extend#summary_of_all_extend_options_for_survey_centrelines> (although it does not yet consider splays at all, or inverse (backsight) legs properly).

What happens if you remove all the extend ignores prior to the splay legs?

Bruce

*From:*Therion <therion-boun...@speleo.sk> *On Behalf Of *Evaristo Quiroga via Therion
*Sent:* Thursday, 7 June 2018 5:40 AM
*To:* therion@speleo.sk
*Cc:* Evaristo Quiroga <e...@ecgracia.com>
*Subject:* [Therion] Conflict between "extend ignore" command and inverse legs

Hi,

I usually do my surveys doing inverse measures. I go ahead by positioning the points, and doing the measurements with the distoX2 looking back (inverse) and finally do the splay measurements at that destination point. My assistant is in origin point, and don't have survey experience, is only putting the target in the anterior point . With this I get all the data (leg and from and to splays) to be able to draw the sketches.

You can look a example the data results:

        extend left
        82 81 10.47 147.7 1.4
        extend ignore
        82 . 0.53 230.7 1.2
        82 . 1.85 66.3 -6.5
        82 . 1.19 45.5 60.1
        82 . 0.65 300.5 -88.8
        82 . 2.76 105.7 -5.8
        82 . 4.54 127.2 -0.9
        82 . 5.86 132.4 -2.1
        82 . 1.52 182.2 -8.3
        82 . 4.45 156.5 -3.0
        82 . 2.62 20.4 -9.8
        82 . 2.39 311.0 -6.3
        82 . 3.95 324.1 -6.9
        extend left
        83 82 7.95 146.4 1.4
        extend ignore
        83 . 0.35 235.9 1.0
        83 . 1.87 38.5 -6.1
        83 . 0.94 5.9 76.3
        83 . 1.06 40.4 -80.9
        83 . 4.49 117.2 -5.0
        83 . 2.61 85.7 16.9
        83 . 2.87 107.9 -6.0
        83 . 2.98 154.2 -11.3
        83 . 3.94 148.4 -3.6
        83 . 5.92 127.1 -5.7
        83 . 3.67 327.8 -5.8
        83 . 4.40 300.2 -12.5
        83 . 2.65 334.7 -20.5
        83 . 5.62 132.6 3.5
        extend left
        84 83 8.40 132.5 3.5
        extend ignore
        84 . 1.39 215.1 23.4
        84 . 2.51 101.7 -0.8
        84 . 1.89 195.1 67.5
        84 . 2.00 100.7 -28.2
        84 . 3.16 118.1 -2.7
        84 . 4.68 149.7 1.0
        84 . 5.15 62.5 2.7
        84 . 2.12 33.9 -1.3
        83 . 4.99 250.9 -7.6
        extend left
        85 84 5.03 234.4 -6.3
        extend ignore
        85 . 2.56 261.5 -0.7
        85 . 1.34 276.4 31.0
        85 . 1.05 282.5 -62.6
        85 . 4.43 304.8 -1.1
        85 . 5.80 314.2 -1.4
        85 . 1.33 181.0 0.5
        extend left
        86 85 6.33 149.5 -2.0
        extend ignore
        86 . 1.19 252.8 -18.6
        86 . 2.85 85.3 3.7
        86 . 0.92 225.3 -84.7
        86 . 2.23 136.3 10.5
        86 . 3.96 135.4 -5.4
        86 . 3.83 143.8 -8.1
        86 . 2.25 203.4 -10.9
        86 . 3.50 186.7 -8.6
        extend left
        87 86 3.05 187.0 -8.7
        extend ignore
        87 . 2.59 223.7 -18.5
        87 . 1.09 32.0 -1.2
        87 . 1.67 183.2 59.1
        87 . 0.58 315.6 -83.5

        extend right
        88 87 7.46 330.8 -3.4
        extend ignore
        88 . 0.77 66.7 4.2
        88 . 0.47 257.5 -7.8
        88 . 2.56 326.1 74.5
        88 . 0.41 247.0 -80.9
        88 . 1.85 127.1 15.2
        88 . 0.96 104.7 4.6
        88 . 0.85 207.2 1.2
        88 . 4.20 343.3 -16.6
        extend right
        89 88 2.20 349.0 -20.5
        extend ignore
        89 . 0.95 43.1 -5.6
        89 . 0.72 62.1 82.7
        89 . 0.39 99.4 -77.6
        89 . 0.89 324.9 -26.4
        89 . 1.43 359.5 -23.5
        89 . 1.08 72.7 -9.7
        89 . 1.59 105.4 -3.8
        89 . 2.56 125.6 -5.7
        extend right
        90 89 1.39 300.3 -13.8
        extend ignore
        90 . 0.46 62.7 -3.4
        90 . 0.50 245.3 1.2
        90 . 0.48 246.5 70.4
        90 . 0.70 300.2 -82.3
        90 . 1.74 184.4 -12.0
        90 . 3.09 169.6 -9.1
        90 . 3.69 166.8 -8.2
        90 . 2.02 152.3 -17.2
        90 . 1.40 132.2 -19.0
        extend right
        91 90 5.71 340.7 6.0
        extend ignore
        91 . 0.96 37.0 2.2
        91 . 1.04 40.9 58.3
        91 . 0.29 34.5 -56.7
        91 . 1.48 338.9 -0.1
        91 . 0.99 331.4 2.8
        91 . 1.07 3.2 3.6
        91 . 3.51 345.8 0.1
        extend right
        92 91 2.04 305.9 4.0
        extend ignore
        92 . 1.47 305.9 -11.0
        92 . 1.06 301.4 45.1
        92 . 0.43 339.3 -76.8
        92 . 1.17 348.7 1.3
        92 . 0.56 16.6 -9.2
        92 . 0.57 270.9 -8.5
        92 . 1.99 270.1 -7.4
        92 . 1.56 230.3 -14.0
        extend right
        83 92 4.24 71.7 18.0
      extend ignore  83 92

        extend left
        93 87 3.12 123.4 7.5
        extend ignore
        93 . 1.79 225.3 -3.2
        93 . 1.70 49.9 -3.0
        93 . 1.18 100.0 78.0
        93 . 3.21 169.9 -2.6
        93 . 2.09 88.5 -2.4
        93 . 2.36 14.0 -2.1
        93 . 3.78 347.3 1.9
        93 . 3.62 300.1 -2.1
        93 . 2.32 278.7 -3.8

In this data I have a loop. The main passage is: 82-83-84-85-86-87-93. And the secondary passage is: 87-88-89-90-91-92-83.

When I compile the data and produce a XVI file, Therion is making the secondary passage the main centerline, breaking the main passage leg "87 93".

I have tried to break the secondary passage with "extend ignore" commands and is unsuccessful. I also tried to rename the connection station and make "equate" sentence, and also is unsuccessful. I have also interchanged the from and to station order.

I thinks is a problem with the inverse legs data and the "extend ignore" command.

To avoid the problem I rename the leg "83 92" to "83B 92" breaking the loop at the secondary passage. To export the plan I put and "equate 83 83B", and to export the extended profile I comment this sentence.  It works but it is a bit cumbersome.

Someone has had similar problems with the "extend ignore" commands and has found some solution for its correct use?

Best regards,

Evaristo