Hi Bruce -

Yes, I am now referring to PDF outputs.  It has not bothered me enough to chase
down the solution.  I am pretty sure there is some combination of map and
select statements that will do the trick.  The last time I thought much about
this, the problem I came up with was how to tell the BigCavernRanch.th file the
names of the various maps in the other .th files.  I don't know how the scope
of the name spaces works in this kind of configuration.

The issue will probably become more annoying in a few weeks.  We are planning a
major survey expedition to these caves for Nov 10-11, and I will have a lot of
new data to work with.  The passage that I want to offset is particularly
difficult, less than 12 inches high for most of its known length, so there are
very few people who are willing to do survey in there.  At least it is in dry
clay!  No water to deal with.

The old maps you have may not include this passage.  It takes off from the top
of Texas Dome, which is in the far north part of Allie Spring Cave.  We call
the passage "Top of Texas".  It runs pretty much directly above other passages.
 Even with transparency it makes for a rather confused presentation unless it
is offset to the side.

--
Bill Gee