Thanks a lot Torsten !
Xavier

De: "List for Therion users" <therion@speleo.sk>
À: "List for Therion users" <therion@speleo.sk>
Cc: "Torsten Schnitter" <torsten.schnit...@netcologne.de>
Envoyé: Lundi 25 Novembre 2019 09:28:49
Objet: [Therion] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: How to rotate XVI?

Hi Bruce

Attached you will find the Therion code (.th files) for the layout used on our
cave map.
It's one file for the "Exploration History", one file for the map header and
one file for the legend symbols.

I used some variables. The idea was to use the code for different projects with
different settings.
But sometimes it's not that easy. ;-)
You have to define this stuff within your thconfig file. You'll find an example
for this in the pdf file.

Customizing the map header:

There are 3 variables for the "GPS location" part:
- thlocation
- thlocationb
- thlocationc
If you don't define one or some of these they should not be displayed.

Text "p.xxx indicates..." through variable "thpenetration":
- if set to anything it should be displayed.
- if set to {} (empty) the text should not be displayed

Text "With thanks to" through variable "ththanksto":
- Just put the text you want to be displayed in the variable

There are 3 variables for text sizes in map header and also in "Exploration
History":
- thsizexl (Cave name, title "Exploration History")
- thsizel (Comment)
- thsizem (all other text)

Finally you can place all parts (header, legendsymbols, northarrow, scalebar,
...) as you need on your map using
\legenbox commands

Please let me know if you have questions to this.

regards,
Torsten

Bruce Mutton <br...@tomo.co.nz> hat am 25. November 2019 um 02:32 geschrieben:

I like your map Torsten.
I hope Alistair’s solution is what you were looking for.
I have some questions so that I might make such a nice map.

    1. How did you obtain the ground profile? I presume you may have walked it
with a gps to obtain ‘real’ survey data or extracted it from Google Earth.
    2. I like the line you used for the ground profile. Would you share the
code for that?
    3. I like the layout of the text information boxes. Would you share an
example of the code for those? (cave name, location, surveyed, thanks,
exploration history)

Regards
Bruce

BQ_BEGIN