Regarding the map-image: As far as I know, Therion will not produce a JPG file.
 However ...

It is quite easy to turn a PDF into a JPG, especially on Linux.  Once that is
done, then any decent photo editor can crop it.  The legend will be a problem.
I suppose you could crop out two sections (the legend and the cave portion you
want) and paste them into a single image.

On Linux you need the ImageMagick package.  Most distributions include it as a
base item.  With that you use the "convert" command:

        convert -density 300 -rotate 90 infile.pdf outfile.jpg

-density sets the dots-per-inch in the output file.  -rotate rotates the image
90 degrees before saving.

Convert has hundreds of options  Spend some time with the man page.

There is a Windows version of ImageMagick.

--
Bill Gee