Gesendet: Sonntag, 13. Juni 2021 um 09:49 Uhr
Von: "Tarquin Wilton-Jones via Therion" <therion@speleo.sk>
An: "Therion" <therion@speleo.sk>
Cc: "Tarquin Wilton-Jones" <tarquin.wilton-jo...@ntlworld.com>
Betreff: [Therion] Main route through a cave
Hi folks,

I am surveying a cave that could be best described as an insanity of
hidden routes.

When you go through the cave, it feels easy. You follow the obvious route.

When drawing up the survey, there are loads of alternative routes all
crossing over each other and hiding underneath the floor. This means
that the survey is harder to navigate than the cave itself.

I was wondering what the general ideas were that people use to
counteract this situation. These are what I could come up with:

1. Fail to draw all the passages (GAH!).

2. Draw the walls of the main route with different line types? like
subtype "underlying" and "overlying" instead of regular walls (useless
if you are trying to use "subtype blocks" which is my specific problem;
the passage is a mess of boulders and ceiling steps creating false walls).

3. Arrows.

But does anyone have a dedicated, better approach? Some way of shading
the main route differently? A dedicated symbol?

Cheers,

Tarquin