On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 12:50 AM Bruce Mutton <br...@tomo.co.nz> wrote:

> *map header title*
>
> The text over writes the north arrow, although that is consistent with
> what happened before (possible that this is an artifact of my customisation
> however).

Thanks Bruce for testing the modifications.  Collision with the north arrow
was present all the time; it's fixed in the latest commit.

> Something that is happening with map header title that does not happen
> with automatic line breaks elsewhere is a heavy black | character.  I
> recall something like this was an issue long ago.  Is it a newline
> character rendering inappropriately?

This is a TeX way to mark overfull lines. It can be switched off, but it's
good to have it activated to point you to problematic line breaks. But now
it should show up much more rarely, as the recent commit uses left instead
of block justification for the map title, which allows for more
flexible line breaks.

M.