From Thbook:

flags <shot flags> . set flags for following shots. The supported flags are:
surface
(for surface measurements), duplicate (for duplicated surveys),

It should solve the problem with duplicate shots and length.

You may divide your centreline to smaller ones just copy header of centreline
and endcenterline

centerline … endcenterline -> centerline … encenterline,
centerline…endcenterline, …

And simple comment…endcomment appropriate centreline.

M.