On 23/11/2021 15:08, Benedikt Hallinger wrote:

I don't know PDF specifics, but it would be very handy to have "nested" layers,
i.e. submaps as separate layers in the main layer.

That would be very useful, don't know if it is possible

If sublayersa re not possible, it would be cool to have an optional option at the export config command to instruct therion to not collate submaps into a bigger layer, but add each map as independent layer.

If I understand correctly what you are after I think what you maybe looking for are the options used with select. I used -map-level 2 to get what you describe.

Other options are

recursive <on/off> and  chapter-level <number>

I cannot say I really understand these fully, however trial and error got me there

Andrew